Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devtron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
I was thinking of putting this in a software thread, but as this is half hardware and half software, i figured why not put it here.

I am having this issue of the macsafe unpluging and random trimes, and wile it is nice not to have a 17" macbook pro flying around and hitting the floor, problem is that i dont see that the powercord has been pulled out.

Is there an app , or feature that will allow me to play a random sound or some random animation to showcase that the power cord is on the floor somewhere.

?.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
You could have the screen dim automatically if it's not connected to a power source. It's in System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Battery, check the box that says "Slightly dim the display when using this power source" or something similar.

Devtron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
That would work, exept that I am usualy running at the lowest brightness setting most of the time.

Yestoday I unpluged it again and did not see the powercord was out before I went to bed.

I need to find some animation or sound that can play when the powercord comes out.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Here you go...

http://briksoftware.com/products/unplugged/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.