MacBook Pro MacSafe unpluging.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Devtron, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Devtron macrumors newbie

I was thinking of putting this in a software thread, but as this is half hardware and half software, i figured why not put it here.

I am having this issue of the macsafe unpluging and random trimes, and wile it is nice not to have a 17" macbook pro flying around and hitting the floor, problem is that i dont see that the powercord has been pulled out.

Is there an app , or feature that will allow me to play a random sound or some random animation to showcase that the power cord is on the floor somewhere.

?.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could have the screen dim automatically if it's not connected to a power source. It's in System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Battery, check the box that says "Slightly dim the display when using this power source" or something similar.

3. Devtron thread starter macrumors newbie

That would work, exept that I am usualy running at the lowest brightness setting most of the time.

Yestoday I unpluged it again and did not see the powercord was out before I went to bed.

I need to find some animation or sound that can play when the powercord comes out.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Here you go...

http://briksoftware.com/products/unplugged/

5. Devtron thread starter macrumors newbie