MacBook Pro Mail with Multiple Users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bt22, Sep 28, 2010.

1. bt22 macrumors 6502

I have had my MBP for almost a year. I have been using Mail on my MBP and Outlook on my Windows Machine... Holding head in shame.. :p I was going to add users accounts to my MBP for my wife and daughter. User accounts work fine, but for the life of me I cannot get mail to work for anything. Decided to set them up on the Windows machine and all worked fine... Very disappointed. This is a 2009 13" MBP Running Snow Leopard 10.6. I seem to have all available updates downloaded. My first few attempts would cause an SMTP server error. I contacted my service provider they said all setting were correct and that I needed to contact Apple. I thought I would start here. I did search MRoogle and viewed this forum and couldn't find an answer. Any help will be greatly appreciated... I am used to everything just working on my Apple gear... This is very Window's like...:D

Thanks,
    Bobby

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There is not enough information to help us help you.

There is no reason a mail account should not work unless you have not configured it correctly during the setup, so I highly doubt the configuration is correct.

What kind of account is it? POP or IMAP?

3. bt22 thread starter macrumors 6502

it's a pop account. that is what is so frustrating... it works fine for me. how do i view all my settings to mirror all my settings for my wife's and daughters accounts.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts -> Account Information

5. bt22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright. When I create the account it works fine receiving mail. When I attempt to send an email it returns an error message "Cannot send message using the server" I ran connection DR and got a green dot... I am at a loss...

6. bt22 thread starter macrumors 6502

figured it out. I opted to edit the smtp server info. There was an advanced tab and I chose authentication tab and chose password. entered her user name and password and worked perfect. Whew... that was about to get the best of me. thanks miles01110 for taking the time to help.

Bobby