Macbook Pro Melt Down?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dap1215, Oct 7, 2009.

1. dap1215 macrumors regular

Hi all, I'm little worried, my Macbook Pro 17 inch 2.4 did some crazy stuff today.

My GF used it for a few mins then dimmed the screen with the buttons on the keyboard ( as we always do ). I came over to use it really fast and the MBP didn't respond at all. Won't wake up, the screen wouldn't come back on, no lights on the front and so on.

I plugged the MBP in and the light on the power cord turned yellow and wouldn't go green. So I decided to take the battery out for a few mins and just let things settle for a min. Came back to it and put the battery in and hit the power and it started up. GREAT! right? NOOOO!

It came up as a normal startup then froze HARD. The screen went all wompy (as seen in the pic below, except it was at the desktop screen and but had the same patterns as the attached picture). I then hit the power button to turn it and and restarted the MBP. Then this happened: (see attached pic)

I then hit the power button to restart as it asked me to do and everything came up fine. I have it backing up on the time machine right now and am wondering if I should take it to the apple store. It has NEVER done anything like this before. Just did a full reinstall to snow lep a couple weeks ago (about the time it came out).

Any help would be great! :eek:

Attached Files:

2. MasterDev macrumors 65816

It's just a Kernel Panic... Do a search on the forums for it. :D

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying