MacBook Pro Memorial Day prices vs post WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by benhar98, May 27, 2013.

1. benhar98 macrumors newbie

My wife is lookig at buying a 13" MacBook Pro, once she decides if she wants Retina or not. I haven't followed MacBook prices year to year... Will the current line of MacBooks be discounted after WWDC enough to be worth waiting, or should we jump on a Memorial Day sale?

Thanks for any help

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

3. benhar98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Was specifically looking at the MacMall 13" retina with i7 and 512 GB for $1799. But for all i know it might not even be much of a deal.

4. B... macrumors 68000

B...

That is a pretty good deal, but without uses for the rMBP we can't tell you if you should wait. For example, WWDC should bring much better graphics performance in the rMBP 13"; does your wife use any 3D apps or apps which use the graphics heavily? If so, waiting might be a good choice. As for if the price now is good compared to after WWDC, I expect prices to drop more than today since it will be "old tech" in late June whereas it is still new today.

5. benhar98 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think the most graphics intensive use will be minor photo editing, and possibly editing home movies. It sounds like we should wait for better prices, saving money will be her priority. Thanks for the help.