Macbook pro mid 2009 13" Optical drive problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mastercool10, Mar 3, 2010.

1. mastercool10 macrumors member

Hey guys,

So I recently installed the intel g2 SSD. I bought the retail version and it came with a small minuscular cd.

Well, I tried putting this small cd into the superdrive and it wouldn't even recognize it. Me being dumbfounded by this, I tried putting in the snow leopard cd and that got stuck too. Luckily, I was able to restart a couple times and shake upside down along with using pliers to remove the SL disc but this small intel disc is still in here.

IS there anything I can do? I'm guessing the intel disc was for windows machines only or something. Is the best bet to just go to a genius bar?

2. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Wow just wow! You put a second disc in the drive after the first one was stuck then had to pull out the second disc with pliers??? Did I miss something or did I confuse something??? You and the guy bending the lid of his laptop might seriously consider turning off the laptop and sending it back to apple.

Just kidding, mostly
    but yeah you should take it to the apple store and you might want to leave out the part about the second disc and the pliers.

3. mastercool10 thread starter macrumors member

dangerous!!! don't put this cd into your optical/superdrive !!!

Ok well the good news is I got it out, but it wasn't easy. I basically just shook my computer alot and it finally came out.

Very dangerous cd though guys. If any of you manage to buy an intel g2 retail version in the future, do not put this small cd it comes with the drive into your optical drive...

4. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Thanks for the heads up, though i think most MBP users know not to put mini-DVD disks into their slot-loading superdrives.

Also if your on a mac you don't need anything on that disk anyway.