Macbook Pro (Mid 2009) Don't reconize Install dvd.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teophobos, Feb 4, 2012.

1. teophobos macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have brought Macbook Pro in 2009, i try to reinstall my OSX but don't recognize my official Mac OS X Install DVD.
    On system profile the optical drive appear, Also i have iMac and i have check the dvd if get damaged and etc but there appear normal and working correctly.

HL-DT-ST DVDRW GS21N:

Firmware Revision: SA18
    Interconnect: ATAPI
    Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
    Cache: 2048 KB
    Reads DVD: Yes
    CD-Write: -R, -RW
    DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
    Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
    Media: Insert media and refresh to show available burn speeds

Also i have try to reinstall from Mac os x remote instsall via iMac but when i restart the Macbook and keep (alt - option) hold they just show my harddisk and not the network install dvd from iMac.

What i can do so i can reinstall my OSX Please?

p,s: sorry for my english,

Thank you all in advance,

Theodoros

2. davidlv macrumors 65816

easy fix available

You can use Target Disk Mode: 1. 1. Insert the install DVD in your iMac and restart, holding down the Option key and chose the DVD drive to boot from. 2. Before you begin the install procedure, shutdown the MBP. Turn it on and immediately hold down the "t" key. Connect the MBP to your iMac via Firewire, the internal disk in the MBP should mount like an external HD on your iMac and be available as a target disk for the reinstall of the OS. Now proceed with the install, and chose the MBP's HD when the install procedure gets to that point. :cool:

3. teophobos thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello david, Really thank you for your guide, i miss now a Firewire cable to test it - i'll brought one asap and i'll try to solve it,

p.s: My optical drive is Dead? Maybe to replace it ? or is OS problem?

Thanks again for your help!