Macbook Pro mid 2010 problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macvalid, May 14, 2015.

1. Macvalid macrumors newbie

Hi

I am having issues with my macbook pro mid 2010. Firstly the charger is dim green doesnt change even if i unplug battery. Battery doesnt charge. I thought its dc board, but i changed it to a brand new and it didint help. The mac doesnt start normally i have to keep the start button pressed then plug the charger in wait till the dim color appears then realease and press start normally. The mac boots but the fans are runnin at maximum the keyboard lights are not working at all. i have tried covering the light sensor and the settings. i have even tried to plug in the small clip thing next to the ram just to make sure its really pluged in. The mac runs normally, but when i try to control the fan by installing fan controll apps, the app doesnt detect the sensors the only sensor it detects is the harddrives. Nothing changes if i plug the battery or unplug it. also smc and installing the mac all over again doesnt fix anything. Can anyone help me with this, i would like help other than take it to repair shop. I can use the mac and it runs smoothly otherwise, but these problems are annoying. Plus after i do that hold start button and start it then shut it without unpluging the charger it works normally by one press. but the fans still run at max rate. Please help me! Thanks to everyone who replied

2. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

Don't know about the fans, but the dim charger light can have something to do with contacts. I used a toothbrush to clean up the contacts and it solved the issue.

3. Macvalid thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi thanks for the reply. forgot to mention that i did that also. now am hoping someone could help me if it could be a part that can be replaced in the logic board or something like that. Anyone?