MacBook Pro mid 2010 with lag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rodrigo Yoshida, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Rodrigo Yoshida macrumors member

Hi! I'm new here and I'm from Brazil, so please don't mind if I make any mistake since I don't speak English fluently.

I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro with Core 2 Duo, it's a 2 years old computer and should be working perfectly and I expected not to be experiencing any signals of it getting older so soon, but I upgraded to Mountain Lion and since then I feel the interface to be a little laggy, even with simple things like scrolling a webpage on Chrome. I work with Photoshop and I found the hand tool to be weird sometimes, it does not move the image smoothly.

This is not actually something that blocks me from doing my work and I can live with that, but it makes me concerned that in a short time I will have to change my Mac. I really expect it to last at least 2 more years, mainly because I put 8gb ram on it. I use PCs at work, sometimes slower ones and they work better than my Mac when it comes to interface speed.

I heard that Apple will improve the graphic drivers on 10.8.3 update, but I decided to ask here first if someone has experienced the same thing.

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I've also been seeing some strange things on my 2011 MBP. Yesterday, YouTube videos looked REALLY choppy, and just today I had that probably with simple GIFs that have always worked before in safari. It's weird. Plus my messages app won't sign in despite all efforts to fix that. Also, safari acts weird. Like ill be viewing a page and part of it will go blank and ill have to scroll down and back up or switch tabs or something to see it again.

Happening since 10.8.2. The YouTube and GIF issue are only one-time things and very recent though. Weird.

3. Rodrigo Yoshida thread starter macrumors member

When I installed Mountain Lion I directly upgraded to 10.8.2, so I don't know if it's an issue related to this version, but I heard that they are going to improve the graphic drivers on 10.8.3 and some beta testers said that the interface feels smoother. I hope that's true.

I tried to go back to Snow Leopard, tried to do a clean install but it did not work, looks like I'm stuck on ML.