MacBook Pro Mid 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by barcode00, Apr 20, 2016.

1. barcode00, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

barcode00 macrumors member

I have a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro which is currently running OS X 10.10.5.
    I'm looking to replace it in the near future, and I was wondering if anyone had any comments with reference to the below. Thank you for any comments.

Over the past 6 months I've been having these problems with the machine:
    • If I'm playing audio, occasionally the playback will stutter and catch up with itself. Sometimes when I open a new tab or application, or switch application or tab, the audio will stutter.
    • A general irresponsiveness to requests, e.g. changing volume using keyboard shortcuts might fail, only to catch up a few seconds later, or for my request to just get forgotten about (sorry to humanise it in that way)
    • An occasional issue whereby the appropriate window/tab will not always display as expected. For example, if I were viewing one tab and switched to another, a 'ghost' of a former tab might appear pixelated. I'm not sure why this issue persists; it has happened in various scenarios, with windows instead of tabs, for example, and it doesn't always recover easily. One recent example is when I switched back to a tab which had Google Maps open - it showed an upside down, pixelated version of a previous tab. I closed the tab and reopened it to resolve it.
    This is what I have changed over the years:
    • I changed to use an SSD
    • I upgraded the RAM from 4GB to 8GB

2. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Have you tried reinstalling the OS? Most of your issues seem like software issues rather than hardware issues.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Agreed.

4. archi_130w1 macrumors member

archi_130w1

Also, why are you on 10.10? I have upgraded my mid 15" 2010 to 10.11 and have had no issues. I also am still using 4 gigs of RAM.

Waiting on the 2016 update ^_^

Just a thought. Your computer, your choice.

5. barcode00 thread starter macrumors member

I recently upgraded to 10.11 and have seen an improvement - thanks for the responses, not sure why I put it off for so long.

6. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

You need a fresh install. My machine flys on the latest software. I'm almost worried I won't be able to justify a new one!