MacBook Pro mid 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kernowmagic1976, May 1, 2018.

1. Kernowmagic1976, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018

Kernowmagic1976 macrumors newbie

Kernowmagic1976

Hi guys am wondering if any one can help me please. I have a MacBook Pro mid 2010 i7 15” was working great until, I turned it on one day and was met with a white screen with no Apple logo.
    This has happened before but normally turning the MacBook off and on again resolved this issue but not this time. I tried the normal things like the boot menu,recovery mode but the keyboard either is not working or the functions are simply not working. I have also tried the PRAM and SMC reset but again this does not work. I have removed the hard drive and replaced it with a new one then trying the restore process but I still have the white screen with no Apple logo.
    I removed the hard drive and tried to boot off a usb stick this also didn’t work. I’ve checked the ram,display cable, keyboard cable, and they all seem to be ok. The only thing left is possibly changing the hard drive ribbon cable. When the booting the MacBook it just hangs on the white screen the keyboard lights do not come on and I do not have the flashing folder icon with the question mark in it. The system fans are working and I hear the boot sound coming from the speakers,the leg light lights up then after the chime it goes off.

2. Willo34 macrumors regular

Willo34

Sounds like it could be a logic board issue.....