Macbook Pro mid 2012 boot problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mariokro, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Mariokro macrumors newbie

Mariokro

Hi there everyone!

Im facing a really big problem.
    My MBP ended a cooperation with me.
    Problem: I **** down the macbook nicely yesterday. After few hours of standby i wanted to power it. Everything was ok, until i faced a problem. Apple logo appeared, sound, progress bar and so on like normal, but the booting page or apple logo and progress bar never went away so my MBP wont start. Progress bar moves to "full" in 10-15minutes but nothing happens.

What i have tried yet:
    Reset smc and npram?
    disk first aid
    fresh install
    remove battery, memory, hdd even tried to take off sata cable from housing.

I have googled every thread, any tips and still hopeless.

Thanks for good advice!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Have you tried a new HDD? If that still doesn't work, it sounds like the graphics card may have failed. Do you have an Apple Store local to you?

3. Mariokro thread starter macrumors newbie

Mariokro

Thanks for replying. First of all i´m 99% sure that it is not graphics failure, because graphical side is working (utility menu etc). I have heard something about SATA cable malfunction - but im afraid that its also not a problem. I have had similar problem with windows-based computer, when HDD stopped working because of somekind system file mess there. I did full format for hdd and it started working. At the momement hardware test says everything is fine with my MBP. Im lookng for chance to try another HDD with it. By the way im trying to full format MBP HDD and try clean install again. Hope its giving results.

Yes, there is a local store - but im little bit "bullheaded" ill give my best to solve this problem. I have lot of experiences with PC-s, but not with Mac-s. And the whole system is really unknown for me :(

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

OK. First thing to try would be to test with another HDD. Even just a 60GB SSD to ensure quick install & cheap purchase price.

5. richard2 macrumors regular

richard2

Instead of attempting to guess what the cause of the issue is, just start your Mac in verbose mode. When the text stops scrolling, take a photograph of the whole screen and then attach it to a reply to this post.

6. Mariokro thread starter macrumors newbie

Mariokro

Dudes! Thank you all for advice - sorry didnt mentioned in earlier posts that i had tried everything - single mode + different repair commands; verbose mode ...Now finally my MBP works flawlessly. Ah the solution? Actually as i thought. I did full format (instead of clicking fresh install) firstly formated (ERASED) partition and made "quick" format (to be able to recover some losen files). After format i clicked "install mac os x" via internet.

so problem is solved and problem in conclusion was missing/corrupted HDD filesystem, that normal repair wouldnt fix.

anyway hope someone will get advice / tips for future from this thread.

Feeling happy! :)