MacBook Pro mid 2012 showing i7

daniel12_16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2015
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I hope someone help me with this question that I have.. I ran apple hardware test and in the part that shows all hard drive I have in my MacBook it says that I have i7 but when I access on Apple icon on desktop its says i5.. It's confusing!! Please help me! Is this normal or my MacBook has a problem? When I bought it they told me it will be i5 but now I don't know what's going on! Thanks in advance..

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Take it to local Apple store and show it to Genius They will be more happy to help you. Who knows Apple might give you i7 laptop?

chevalier433

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2011
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I hope someone help me with this question that I have.. I ran apple hardware test and in the part that shows all hard drive I have in my MacBook it says that I have i7 but when I access on Apple icon on desktop its says i5.. It's confusing!! Please help me! Is this normal or my MacBook has a problem? When I bought it they told me it will be i5 but now I don't know what's going on! Thanks in advance..

Lucky bastard

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
2.5GHz would lead me to believe it's an i5. There isn't a huge difference in performance between the two.