Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Upgrades

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jarrod.carley, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jarrod.carley macrumors newbie

So I accidentally left one of those Logitech wireless USB mouse receivers in my Macbook Pro... When I got to school I guess I put the laptop in my bag faster/harder than I should've. Now, neither of the USB ports work and the metal from the receiver is jammed in my USB port. I apparently need to get a completely new LogicBoard to ever get functionality back in my USB port(s). Does anyone have any suggestions maybe around buying the new LB?

Also, if the best option is to replace the LB should I upgrade the processor, and if so what should I upgrade to? My Macbook is the 13" Mid 2012 model. Thanks!

2. Joelburman macrumors regular

Joelburman

Depending on how you actually use the ports you could always get the Kanex thunderbolt to USB3 adapter but its a bit clunky.

3. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

4. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

From the guide I just read through on iFixit, it looks like the USB ports are soldered onto the logic board.

5. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

You don't say if you have a retina or a classic. If it's a classic the usb ports are on the magsafe board. On a retina what you said appears to be the case.