MacBook Pro mid 2014 + My problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Faal7, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Faal7 macrumors newbie

Hello
    I am happy to be joining this wonderful forum .. I've purchased a MacBook Pro 15 mid 2014 version nvidia.. cpu i7 .. Ram 16 GB and ssd 512 .. The device is very strong in games photoshop and fast image processing I do not feel any slow ..
    But I had trouble Ram consumption .. Sometimes the system consumes 15 GB .. I do not know one of you faced this thing
    my system 10.10.1

Thanks

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

When you say RAM consumption, are you actually referring to disk space? FWIW, Photoshop creates a scratch disk which temporarily uses disk space.

3. en21 macrumors newbie

hi, can i ask what model did u bought and what was the price? im looking for this kind of comp for editing

if u bought it online i will be happy for a link
    thanks

4. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

Try with Activity Monitor. It should tell you who's using the RAM

apple.com/store

What kind of editing?

5. en21 macrumors newbie

6. nobodyjustwalks macrumors regular

Your statement is unhelpfully vague: "Sometimes the system consumes 15 GB..." does not tell the people reading this post anything useful.

How many apps were you running?
    How long were they running?
    What exactly were you doing on your computer?

Did you try opening Activity Monitor and looking at "memory pressure?" As long as itʻs "green" youʻre fine. I have 16 GB of RAM and Iʻve seen my rMBP take up 10-12 GB with only Safari (15 tabs), Calendar, Messages, and Mail running.

Also, FYI, lets say your system were using a bunch of RAM and was quickly running out, OS X has a memory compression feature that frees RAM by compressing inactive memory.

https://www.apple.com/osx/advanced-technologies/

7. JoelTheSuperior macrumors 6502

JoelTheSuperior

Something to keep in mind is the concept that "unused RAM is wasted RAM'.

Essentially the point being that there's nothing actually wrong with having high memory usage, so long as the system is otherwise behaving as you would expect.

If you fire up Activity Monitor it's worth having a look at the actual memory pressure - if it's green you probably don't have to worry about your memory usage.

Hope this helps.

8. Faal7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean RAM 16 GB hard drive and not

----------

Located in the same device connector

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MGXC2LL/A&step=config

9. Faal7 thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Look at the first three applications

And consumption of all programs abnormal

Sorry do not speak much English

----------

Thank you from the bottom of my heart

10. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

That is fine

The App memory section is just stufff loaded into RAM for quick usage by the system if that RAM is needed it will clear instantly and be available for new tasks your memory pressure is green and shows no page outs so it is dealing with your workload with ease. This is completely normal for RAM manangement in OSX.

Just enjoy it and use it unless there is a problem or your memory pressure graph turns red or yellow it's not even worth thinking about.

11. Faal7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you my dear

12. nobodyjustwalks macrumors regular

Donʻt know what process "speechRecognition" is, maybe the dictation feature, but it doesnʻt look abnormal. Looks like your system is running fine.

----------

This!