Macbook pro Mid 2014 - slow apple tv lagging.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Smurf89, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Smurf89 macrumors newbie

Hi

Question:

I got the latest apple tv, and Macbook pro mid 2014, i5.
    Each time i use apple tv it lags, either is just a regular mirror desktop or extended desktop.
    I got a 100mbit internet connection, talked with apple customer service and they haven't replied me in 2 weeks. I was on the phone with them for 1 hour and it wasn't resolved.
    I googled like a god, but everything i tried has not worked.
    Everything is updated both Apple TV and yosemite. So if anyone can help out i would be grateful :)

2. sarthak macrumors 6502

If you are using AirPlay to your Apple TV, the data would be sent over WiFi inside your home network. So the speeds provided by your ISP make no difference.

Make sure you have a reliable and strong WiFi signal. There will be always a slight delay but, if it is significant, you might want to consider a hard wired connection between the Apple TV and an Apple Airport Extreme (same unit from which your MacBook Pro is connected to by Wireless N or AC).

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your internet connection's speed has nothing to do with your Apple TV. You're not sending the signal over the internet for it go to some server, then back round-trip to your Apple TV.

If you have a problem, it's likely with your own home network. Do both your Apple TV and computer has strong Wi-Fi signal? Do you have any interference issues?

4. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

i was having the same issue but it has been resolved now that i switched to using a 5ghz network. I need to get a better router that does simultaneous dual band, so i can connect on a different floor, but i think i was having too much interference on 2.4ghz