Macbook Pro Mid 2015 - High Temperature?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TasheRAWR, Jan 5, 2017.

1. TasheRAWR macrumors regular

TasheRAWR

I'm a little concerned about the temperatures my MacBook Pro has been reaching lately. I have only been using a simple note app (Equil) to sort out my lecture notes in preparation for revision. I didn't think the application would be very heavy on the CPU, yesterday it managed to go up to 90 celsius. Today however I thought I'd take a screenshot of my activity monitor at the time the temp was reading at around 75 celsius, it says the application was using 111%. Can anyone give me a second opinion and should I be concerned?

Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. rutrack macrumors member

It would likely mean that your Equil note application is a little buggy and might have entered an endless loop, which consumes your processing power. If you can replicate the problem and like using the app, I suggest you write about it to the app developer, otherwise just change your note taking application to a less buggy one.

3. TasheRAWR thread starter macrumors regular

TasheRAWR

I did think that may be the issue. Thanks, if I get it to happen again, I'll be sure to contact the developer. Until then I may try a different application. Thanks!