Macbook Pro Mini Display Port

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsbarone, Nov 10, 2008.

1. jsbarone macrumors regular

Hey,

I bought a Mini DVI to HDMI adapter thinking it was what I needed for my new macbook pro. It turns out that it isn't. Do any of you know where I can get a Mini Display to HDMI adapter for cheap?

2. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Doesn't exist yet, the Mini DisplayPort is a proprietary connection, so the adapter would come from Apple and as of yet they don't have a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

3. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

There isn't a direct mini displayport to hdmi adaptor at present, or any third party ones of any sort yet, right now you need a mini displayport to dvi adaptor and then a dvi to hdmi cable.

4. guitarmaster18 macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

Or, he could just use his current HDMI cable and get one of these.

To the OP: As said before, MiniDisplayPort > HDMI adapters don't exist yet, however you could get one of those adapters that I linked to for significantly less than a DVI > HDMI cable. The adapters are available at any radioshack/bestbuy, and are definitely the best choice at this point.

5. mumstead macrumors newbie

Actually you can get a DVI to HDMI cable at Monoprice for a little over $4.00.

6. jsbarone thread starter macrumors regular

The DVI bit doesn't help me. I need Mini Display to HDMI. It looks like I'll have to go Mini Display to DVI to HDMI---lame!