Macbook Pro Mod Suggestion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cake90036, Dec 20, 2011.

1. cake90036 macrumors regular

Alright I was thinking about a future mod. Not me personally, but if someone on the forum could do it that has more experience with taking the mbp apart, to toy around with the speakers.

I listen to hip hop a lot and I was thinking that the mbp needs a mini sub for some bass. Its all acoustics on the computer. I mean it sounds good but a some bass would be good for music, movies, etc. Anyone know have a picture of the speakers under the grills to see how much room there is for alternate speakers?

2. theipadkid macrumors newbie

are u serious? you cant replace the speakers on the macbook

ALL laptop speakers suck.

if u want better sound, buy external speakers.

3. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

my previous laptop (dell XPS1645) had a little sub in the middle located under the touchpad....did it ever sound amazing, one of the best laptops I have ever owned(only when it came to speakers) It SOO loud that I never even had to hook up external speakers when watching movies.....

4. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

5. cake90036 thread starter macrumors regular

6. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

im sure it can. just doesnt seem useful at all. theres no speakers out there that would sound so much better. maybe if you are going to do this, which i dont think is worth the time, money or effort... try some badass car tweeter sized speakers. ask around somewhere like best buy or a car audio store and see what they have.

hell, i thought about modding my keyboard to give off different colors or one specific color rather than white, so im interested to know if your going to follow through with this or not, sorry if i seemed like i was mocking you, but they are laptop speakers.... never that great even for a $3G laptop!