Macbook Pro Model A1211

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stevejj1980, Nov 16, 2012.

1. stevejj1980 macrumors newbie

Hi there
    I recently tried to install a version of mountain lion )downloaded from a torrent. The install failed and now I am stuck with the apple logo and wheel of death on startup.
    Is there any way to undo what I have already done.
    Any help would be fantastic.
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve (a new and inexperienced macbook user)

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Use your original restore disks to reinstall OSX. Hopefully you have a backup.

If you can give us more information about your computer, we'd be able to help you more. The "A1211" model doesn't really tell us anything.

3. leman macrumors 604

Your model (http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=a1211) is not supported by Mountain Lion. You should at least try to research the topic before you try downloading illegal software. Your best bet is to reinstall using your original install disk or buy a copy of OS X which will support your machine (Lion and earlier).

4. stevejj1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. I do not have any restore discs as I purchased the macbook second hand.
    I am fully aware now that my macbook does not support mountain lion, thank you.
    What other information would be useful to you?

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd contact Apple and see if you can buy the restore disks for your system. Alternatively, you could find a OSX 10.6 install DVD on eBay, or possibly through Apple.

6. SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

<This pretty much sums it up.

7. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

Yep and this is why I don't torrent things Your are going to have to do a restore with the original OS.

8. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Just boot into recovery mode, open disk utility and reformat your drive, then download a legal copy of lion.