Macbook Pro Mods.......

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blackwind, Jun 3, 2010.

1. blackwind macrumors regular

I found the base of the MBP easy to get scratch as we alway careless when you put the mbp on the table or floor. My niese's mpb got afew light scratches.
    I have seen alot of people on the web too.

Most importantly I got dry hands (not sweaty hands) so i find sometime abit slippery as it heavy and cold to grip or hold.

As i am Sign writer (hobby) and i love to do sticker and sign. I bought afew CLEAR vinyl like matterial from over. Over there they use this to cover manything, Phones, Laptop, Front gard of the Motorbike, anything u want.

So here is the picture what i have done. So far i am wrap with it :p

I use Hole pucher to make holes for the screws (so in the future i can alway swap or replace my HDD).
    I use Lighter to make the material soft so i can pull it into shape i want. And i use Hobby knife(XACTOR for my wings) to trim it.

Attached Files:

2. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

It's a homemade invisible shield. Pretty neat :D

3. ttran88 macrumors regular

4. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

I just stretched a couple of Magnum XL's over mine ;)

5. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Great post! The flame didn’t burn or darken the seal?

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

only if you put it for a while x_x

7. blackwind thread starter macrumors regular

I must admit that material are real deal.

I bought a roll back 2yrs ago. I used it all and then i source them from my vinyl supplier, they have never heard of it. I have to call relatives oversea ask them to send me more.

What is special this material. if you use the lighter to light it up abit it soft and u can pull to scretch. Even you dont like it, u can pull the whole thing off, and it will leave no mark or residued (sticky glue) on the mbp. and u can alway pull it up and stick it down as many time. Even you have finger mark on it, it still stick down as normal.

I have done with my plane and my other stuff. With Mbp i only apply the back (base) i leave the rest. That what beauty about this beast :p

:)