Macbook Pro monitor problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spgator1, Feb 23, 2008.

1. spgator1 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm not sure what's going on with my macbook, but every one in a while about 2/3 of my screen goes gray, while the other 1/3 displays everything perfectly fine. This happens when I turn it on or wake it up after its been asleep for a while. It has occurred once while it was awake. Attached is a visual example of what I'm talking about. Sometimes everything returns to normal after its booted, and other times it doesn't go out. When it is running with the grey screen everything works fine, because I can open windows and if I guess right I can open up applications from the dock, and it eventually disappears after so many apps are opened, i sleep it and wake it up, or completely restart the computer. Any ideas of what's going wrong?

Attached Files:

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It could be something with the video card I'm not totally sure, I'm assuming that applecare has expired?

3. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

I've never seen anything like that before but it doesn't seem like a hardware fault. Perhaps something to do with the display drivers not refreshing correctly when it wakes from sleep. Before taking it back, i'd consider doing a fresh install and see if that resolves the problem. Otherwise, i'm afraid taking it back to apple is your only option.

4. tspore macrumors newbie

my MBP is doing the same thing basically if I clamp the right side of the monitor it doesn't do it anymore. So It looks like a hardware issue to me. I will try to reinstall my OS but I think its hardware to me. :(

5. free.me.today macrumors newbie

I have also got the same problem :(, has any one manage to resolve the problem or found out why it occurs... it will be great to hear from anyone. Thank you