MacBook Pro Monitor Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crisito, Jul 7, 2009.

1. crisito macrumors regular

I would like a decent monitor for my MacBook Pro, around 22-inch.

I got the HP 2309m, but it is not as good as I thought it would be. Text on it seems to be blurry or ghosting or something, it is hard to describe. And colours on it are too bright. I have calibrated it etc but cannot get it right, have also used SuperCal.

Any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than £200 / $400.

2. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone have the Dell SX2210?

Does anyone have this monitor?

I am considering buying it for my MacBook Pro.

Dell SX2210

3. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Hi Crisito,

There are quite a few of us rocking the Dell 2209wa's. They're an excellent panel (e-ips) with a wide viewing area - plus, when they're on sale they go for right around $220 shipped. :cool:

Do a search and you will pull up a lot of great reviews. It might not look aesthetically as nice as the monitor posted, but pound for pound it is a nicer panel.

I sold my 24" LED ACD on eBay and picked up two of them and pocketed $300! :D

4. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

That one is £250 here in the UK, the one mentioned above is £30 cheaper, has HDMI, better resolution and looks better, so I think I would pick that one over the 2209wa.

5. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

Or would you still recommend the 2209wa over the other one? I see the 2209wa has excellent reviews.

6. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Honestly, boils down to how you're going to use the monitor.

For me, I'm a web/graphic designer and accurate color reproduction is a must. The 2209wa in my opinion, is the way to go for 22" - in my case.

However, if I was just looking for something that looked nice to watch movies, play games, ichat, surf the internet, etc - the monitor you're looking at will fit the bill.

I agree the monitor you're looking does look really nice (I will my 2209wa's looked that good :rolleyes:).