Macbook Pro Mouse problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ddan49, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ddan49 macrumors member

ddan49

Hi, I'm a new member, but I've been looking at MacRumors for a while... just haven't posted:D.

I have been having this problem with my Macbook Pro OS X Version 10.6.4...

My trackpad and mouse are not working well at all. My trackpad doesn't click in the upper left 3/4 of the pad. Basically, it only clicks in the bottom right... usually:mad::mad:. Still moves the mouse everywhere, though:eek::eek::eek:

My main problem, though is the fact that anytime I press and hold my mouse, it DOES NOT WORK well at ALL!:mad::mad::mad: I mean, if I get it to hold, it will stop randomly after a very small time of mouse-holding. If I try to move a window, such as a browser window, I will press on the top at the title and press and hold my mouse and move it wherever I need it. Here, it will move it like a pixel, then stop, and before I react to the fact that my mouse has stopped holding, it clicks where I stop. So, if I just had a browser window on top of my desktop I wanted to move, it would barely move it, my mouse would go off the window, and click on wherever in the desktop it stopped!

This is not related to my trackpad, as when I use an external mouse, I have the same problems (non-apple mouse, though).

Basically, what I am looking for is preferences for more advanced mouse settings than the three they have in preferences:mouse.:confused:

I hope you can help! Thanks!:apple:

EDIT: as you can see, I have three smilies in a row in some places. Not on purpose. MORE mouse problems. I think if someone can tell me how to completely reset my mouse settings, it would help A LOT.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Log in on a different account on your machine to see if the problem persists.

3. ddan49 thread starter macrumors member

ddan49

4. ddan49 thread starter macrumors member

ddan49

Actually, what I REALLY need is a way to somehow completely reset ANY settings related to mouse/trackpad...
    Please help!

5. ddan49 thread starter macrumors member

ddan49

When I used yet another mouse, it worked! It seems that the problem was in the mouse AND trackpad... if anyone knows any fixes for the trackpad though, it would really help...

6. ddan49 thread starter macrumors member

ddan49

Bump... just need a how-to on mouse preferences more advanced than the general ones...