Macbook Pro Mouse Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Baba Ganoush, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Baba Ganoush macrumors member

Whenever I used to browse the web on my MBP I was able to open a new tab by just pressing down on my mouse wheel. But now when I do that all it does is bring me to my dashboard with all my widgets. How do I get the settings back so that when I click my mouse wheel on a link it will open in a new tab.

2. wilmor42 macrumors regular

wilmor42

its in system preferences, under keyboard and mouse-then set the middle button to do whatever you like..

3. Baba Ganoush thread starter macrumors member

I think that only works with the mighty mouse, I dont have that option. My mouse is a Logitech bluetooth mouse

4. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

You need the Logitech Control Center application installed to change the various functions of your mouse on your Mac.

5. Baba Ganoush thread starter macrumors member

Thanks alot for providing that link!

6. Baba Ganoush thread starter macrumors member

The Logitech control center didnt work. It said it didn't detect any logitech device. Theres gotta be a way to get this back, it used to work on my Mac when I first got it.

7. txhil macrumors regular

have you tried just Xing out your dashboard/ widgets? Also check your dashboard preferences. Also check your mouse preferences.

8. Baba Ganoush thread starter macrumors member

How do I X out my dashboard/widgets? Also how do i get to dashboard preferences?

9. mach macrumors member

Don't download Logitech Control Center, it's been known to crash Macs by causing unexpected kernel panics because of faults in the code.

I use USB Overdrive, it works perfectly and all it does is give you a message asking you to pay for it at startup (very easy to ignore, or just pay for it and the message goes away), no limitations otherwise.

http://www.senlick.com/html/01.01.html

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've never had a single problem with the Logitech Control Center, or with my VX Nano mouse, and I don't get any annoying screens asking me to pay for something. That, to me, would be a major limitation!