Macbook Pro / Music Production (HELP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Thinsulate, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Thinsulate macrumors newbie

Salutations people (Newbie here). Just a quick ? RE: The new unibody Macbook Pro`s. Looking to switch from PC but have no idea which Macbook Pro would best suit my production/performance needs (dont want to overkill). Here`s a list of the main programs i`ll be using > Serato Scratch Live, Ableton Suite 8, Logic Suite 8 & Reason 4 & Bias Peak LE. Which model (Spec`s) should I be loking at ? Any info would be much appreciated.

CHEERS

2. NickM macrumors 6502

Heyy...
    I think the base model processor will do you fine. However, regardless of which model you go with, I would definitely suggest maxing out the RAM.

Especially with Snow Leopard coming out, which is supposed to much better utilize multiple CPU cores, you'll be fine.
    That isn't to say that getting the fastest CPU you can afford is not a good thing. It's always a good thing.
    My suggestion is just to max out the RAM before you worry about a faster processor, but if you can afford it, the faster processor will be your friend and also help to "future-proof" your computer as much as possible.

3. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

A 7200 rpm hdd would help in the performance if you will be using multiple loops, audio tracks and small files such as short sound effects etc. SSD could be overkill or rather too expensive. My 2 cents!