Macbook pro need a case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nathanschafer, May 27, 2011.

1. nathanschafer macrumors member

Hey, I have been using a speck see-thru case on my 2010 13" macbook pro, however, I would rather I didn't have a case. It is normally used around the house, and is rarely taken to school and etc. Does the macbook pro need a case? I am scared of scratching and etc. Thanks

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

The aluminum can scratch easy. Personally, I'd recommend you had some sort of protection. Try a Zagg shield if you want to retain the beautiful unubody look. I've had nothing but good service and products from them!

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-3rd-gen-unibody-2009-model-cases-covers-skins-shields.php

Find your nearest Zagg store and pay the (about) $15 for them to apply it. If you're worried about money, remember this: eventually you're gonna have to sell this thing. If it's in perfect condition you'll get more cha-ching. Also, you won't have to stare at small scratches you caused and cry yourself to sleep every night, thinking "Why didn't I protect my $1,200+ investment?!"

3. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Yes your MBP can get scratched very easy.
    I use speck case for my 17in MBP.
    I hit my mac against the door, on the corner of the wall, etc etc by accident, no scratch or dent at all.

For speck cases, inside there are these rubber notches touching between the case and MBP. This helps your mac from getting dents. The rubber absorbs the shock. And of course on the bottom there are 4 rubber tips to lift your mac up a bit from liquid spills and from getting your MBP/case scratched.

There is even a cover for the battery indicator so thats also good!

So you should keep using your speck case.
    Ive tried many others but I think it is the best so far.