MacBook Pro needs a clean!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VeXilliuM, Aug 28, 2009.

1. VeXilliuM macrumors newbie

I have the Unibody 15" MacBook Pro, I've had it pretty much since it was first released and throughout that time it has gotten extremely dirty. The monitor has a few splotches of stuff and a lot of dust on the surface, the keyboard is just looks really dirty and underneath my keyboard is just full of crap. What products do you recommend to clean the MacBook Pro and any types of "skins/guards" i could use to cover the keyboard and the area around it?

Also, when I brought my MacBook Pro the second spongy thing on the bottom Enter key wasn't there, I sort of just ignored it and thought it was a new design or something lol, I looked at a friends keyboard and the key wasn't sloped, thats when I figured that my keyboard was messed up. I was wondering if I took it to an Apple Store I could get the Enter key fixed, I have AppleCare and I'm willing to pay.

-Thanks,

-VeX.

2. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

If you have applecare then take it in. Get some pics of the Genie cleaning your mac:p

3. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

Maybe it's time to clean your home, THEN your Mac...:eek:

4. flatfoot macrumors 65816

Dirty display: moist glasses cleaner

Dirty keyoard: google "macbook keyboard skin"

As for the crippled key: Why should you pay for the repair?!

5. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

Also, get a can of compressed air and spray it down occasionally. Im kind of OCD about dust.

6. VeXilliuM thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the fab replies!

Don't worry brasscat my house is clean enough (Not because I clean it though, because other people do lol), its just my MacBook Pro thats a state lol.

Also, Flatfoot, I thought I may of needed to pay as I doubt they will believe that it was like that when I first brought it.

I guess I'll need to go buy some stuff so this doesn't happen again :p.

-Thanks again for the quick replies,

-VeX.