MacBook Pro Network Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LikuidMetal, Jul 9, 2010.

1. LikuidMetal macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

I have a new MacBook Pro 13" and when connected to my network it sometimes connects quickly and other times it takes a long time to connect and at time it does not connect at all. I have two Asus u6vc notebooks, one HP notebook & an Asus desktop running wirelessly. Has anyone had this issue or may be able to give some good advice on what to do?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I just had a similar experience while visiting my relatives in Canada. My macbook Pro 15 inch and my nephew's 13 inch macbook pro had difficulty connecting wirelessly to a Bell Wireless router. I changed everything I could on the configuration of the Bell router. But the only thing that was consistent is that if you rebooted it either by hardware "Switch off and on" or software using the soft reboot capability of the router then they both connected and worked. However, once disconnected any attempt to reconnect was either difficult or did not work. Eventually I called Bell told them the symptoms and suggested they replace the router. They put one in the mail and two days later it arrived and seem to have resolved the problem. Something in the Mac protocol when connecting to wireless routers seem to be more sensitive. It is now only a week since the router was replaced but it seem to have done the trick.

4. basharar macrumors newbie

I can confirm, 2 macbooks, 2 bell locations same problems, my solution, used rogers for internet and very happy