macbook pro new 15" battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ankushpatel, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ankushpatel macrumors regular

Hello,

I just received my new macbook pro 15" the other day and i finally charged it to the full since i got it and yesterday i unhooked the charger off my laptop and i started using it with a full battery. I am seeing that my time remaining on the upper right changes drastically for example it will go from 4:47 to 5:25. Or when it was fully charged it said 6:50 but then sometimes shot all the way up to 8:01. The battery itself is keeping charge no doubt about that but, im just wondering why the time keeps changing on and off.
    Is this supposed to happen?

2. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Remaining time is based on current system usage. Run the system just browsing with Firefox should show you a longer time versus running a Surface Blur in Photoshop on a 39mp image.

3. sclough macrumors regular

I've noticed that the times can vary quite a bit even after I calibrated the battery. Nonetheless, the battery times are pretty good. Definitely much better than my previous Early 2008 MBP.

4. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Yep - my MBP's indicator still lies however it is the case of under promise over deliver :D

Was just trying to drain the thing for first calibration and when finally it said 6 minutes left, exactly 8 wall-time minutes later it shut off automatically.

Greatest battery life ever PERIOD

5. ThomasW91 macrumors newbie

Ever watch the instantaneous MPG display on a car? Or the range? You can roll down a hill and it says 99.9, then get on the gas and let the supercharger get kicking and drop it down to 18. I just use the percentage display for the battery. :cool:

6. ankushpatel thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

Yeah thanks for the replies.

Do i have to calibrate the battery? IT is needed, would you guys recommend it from experience.

I agree showing the percentage is much better! Battery life is amazing!