MacBook Pro new battery not charging. Defective?

Skyandlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
Hi,

Model: MacBook Pro 13" Retina early 2015

My MacBook Pro had a battery in the condition "Replace now" so I bought a new battery on ebay and got it replaced. The problem is the MacBook identifies the battery but it is in the condition of "Replace now" and does not go above 0%. It was with 0% when I installed it since when I connected the power adapter the computer turned on.
  • I reseted SMC and Pram.
  • I'm almost sure my power adapter is fine and I can use the computer with the power adapter.
I'm thinking if I got a dead battery and that is the problem?
Any other problem comes to mind?
If you could give me your opinion on the battery stats on the image attached would help a lot.
Thanks for your time and patience.

Attachments

Honza1

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
US
Contact seller on ebay and ask for new/different one. Clearly, this one does not work. If they suggest some "fix", try it. But this is non-brand battery, all you can do is work with the seller on ebay to get working one.
Note, that the battery shows age of over 1000 days - 0 cycles, true, but 3 years old battery could have suffered some serious aging even when not used.

Skyandlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
I believe this battery is faulty and I'm going to try with a new one but is there any way to check if there is a problem with the logic board? The lapwork is parking fine without the battery. I tried to find how many volts should the logic board send to the battery but I could not find that info online.

Skyandlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
Who did the replacement?
Apple?
Somebody else?
The replacement was done by a technocian, he is a good friend and Works a por with apple products. He told me that the logic board is sending power to the battery but its not charging.

jerryk

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
The replacement was done by a technocian, he is a good friend and Works a por with apple products. He told me that the logic board is sending power to the battery but its not charging.
Have him swap the old battery and see if it at least holds some charge. If the old battery also does not work as it was before, something beyond the battery is causing the issue.

Last edited: