Macbook Pro New Battery Not Charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ivangoh123, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Ivangoh123 macrumors newbie

Hi guys ,This is my 1st post on macrumors , i bought a macbook pro couple years ago , and about few months before , the battery is dead and swelling , so i sent it to apple store for check up and repair , it end up with the battery & logicboard spoilled , and the repairer told me i have to replace both of them , because of the fees is too expensive even just to replace the battery , i decided to use it without battery 1st , it work pretty well , without the battery and just plugged in the charger , turned on and everything goes smooth ( except a bit of lag ). few days ago , i ordered a new battery from ebay , but it dint work after i plugged in , the charger remain green , and screen show not charging , battery condition shows replace now. I was like , wtf? ,then i tried to switch to bootcamp , with window 7 , it shows thr are 65% battery , but plugged in , not charging , after i pull off the charger plug , it went off immediately , whats wrong with it? really need help ! The battery is totally new and it have power inside , so whats the problem? computer shows the percentage but cant work without charger! , the charger always turn green .

2. Ivangoh123 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoff" batteries. Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

4. AppleMacFinder, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013

AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

Fake or genuine?

What battery did you ordered? Could you post a link to eBay listing, and photos?
    That could help us to determine with a high probability, if is it fake or genuine.

My colleague have not done his eBay research well and got a fake battery (should have asked me before purchase)
    But I helped him to get a refund, and also was able to make photos of fake battery and compare it to genuine!

They were very similar, but had a number of differences. You could see them on photos below:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14995755/Batteries_comments.zip

Unfortunately, newer revisions of fake batteries might not have some of these differences (or even all of them :eek:)

Of course, it is possible to buy a genuine Apple battery from eBay, about 1/3 cheaper than Apple US official price,
    and even more cheaper if compare to price of Apple official battery replacement service in other countries.
    People just need to be careful and do their research well before purchase, to avoid fake batteries.

5. Ivangoh123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to add on something , due to the battery , it's definitely fine , it works well on the other macbook with same series , is that possible the problem caused by the spoiled battery i did not remove it instantly ? caused short circuit or something??

6. kevinpsun macrumors newbie

same issue

I came across the exact same issue, swollen battery, replaced battery that bought from ebay :(. Laptop won't turn on with outlet indicator solid green. Did you figure out the issue and what did you have to do? Please help :)