Macbook Pro new battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beto4632, Feb 24, 2013.

1. beto4632 macrumors newbie

I have a 2009 Macbook Pro 13" i just bout a battery that was for a 2011 macbook and now my laptop wont go to sleep once the lid is closed and the battery indicator no longer works is there any way this can be fixed?
    it does hold charge and the charger goes form orange to green and indicates as usual.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Hopefully, you bought the battery from Apple. If you bought a knockoff battery, all bets are off. Try resetting the SMC.

For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:

3. beto4632 thread starter macrumors newbie

its an original used one running on about a year and a half old. ill try that thank you

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Wait. I just re-read your original post. Are you saying you're trying to install a battery from a 2011 MBP into a 2009 MBP? If so, that's not a good idea. Buy a battery that was designed for your MBP.

Battery Replacement
    Replacing the built-in battery in your MacBook Pro
    Replacing the Battery in your MacBook Air
    Intel-based Apple Portables: How to replace or service a built-in battery

5. Binomio macrumors member

I think you might have accidentally disconnected the Sleep sensor/Battery indicator. The battery will certainly not cause any sleep issues. Apple uses the same battery for all 13'' cMBP Unibodies 2009-2012.

The sleep sensor is right next to the battery connector, make sure it is seated correctly.

6. beto4632 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you Binomio & GGJstudios! i did the pram reset and it was the sleep/button cable that was no plugged in thank you it works great now!
    Yes its a 2011 battery on a 2009 macbook pro. I read online and it recommended this model on the battery?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You do mean SMC reset, not PRAM, right? PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with battery/power/charging issues. Resetting it will not help. Only resetting the SMC addresses such issues.