MacBook Pro no go

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Tammyfrance, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Tammyfrance macrumors newbie

:mad:my MacBook Pro is only 2 years old. Took it to an authorised service centre and guess what, it needs a new logic board. How can something that costs over €1000 need a replacement part costing over €600 within 2 years. Would of been better off buying a cheap laptop and replacing for an up to date model every year.

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Sorry to hear about that, but this is the MacBook Air forum. You should post here to discuss the MacBook Pro: https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/macbook-pro.90/

Your experience is very different from mine however. My 2008 MacBook Pro is still fine, although I don't use it anymore. The PowerBook G4 that I bought in 2003 just died last year. Currently using a 2013 MacBook Air and have had no problems. I go all the way back to the Apple ][ in 1978 and never had a computer die within two years.

3. Tammyfrance thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I meant Mac Book Air. I have looked on my ther forums and this appears to be a common problem

4. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Hmm... My 2012 MBP is still going strong. I'm expecting at least 4 years of use out of my 2015 MBA.