MacBook Pro noob with questions!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crystalmyth, Feb 21, 2011.

1. crystalmyth macrumors newbie

After having been a Windows-PC user all my life, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a 13.3" MacBook Pro on Friday. All is good, with the exception of a few issues.

1. Flash plug-in being a pain in the ass. I can't watch YouTube videos on the site or as people have posted them on Facebook and whatnot. I also can't use Pandora Radio's website. I've tried downloading the Flash player and restarting Safari, but to no avail. Ideas?

2 My iPhone won't sync. When I first plugged it in, a pop up told me that I needed the new version of iTunes. I tried to check for updates, but then it told me that I had the most current version. I also have the most current version of the software for the iPhone. But not only will it not automatically sync, it also won't sync when I click "sync". It goes through "step 1 of 1: initializing sync" or something to that effect, but that's all. And I really want the new Radiohead album on my phone! LOL

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

1. Did you buy the computer used or brand new? If you bought it used you might have click2flash installed which prevents flash players from automatically loading to reduce stress on your computer. Check your safari plug ins in the preferences menu if that's the case.

2. Sometimes itunes updates don't show up in software update. In Itunes, click the itunes menu and about to see what version you have. Then compare that with the itunes page on apple.com. If yours is lower download and install it from the apple site instead.

Enjoy the new computer.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Return the damn thing and wait for new one this thursday.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

+1 Return it now and wait a few days for the new one!

Then watch these videos

New Mac? Where to start.

5. BradenG macrumors regular

Umm, I didn't even read further after I read "...purchased a 13.3" MacBook Pro on Friday."

Return it, there is going to be new and improved MacBook Pro notebooks revealed in a week or so.

6. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

7. crystalmyth thread starter macrumors newbie

Eh. This was a huge step up from what I had (Toshiba from 2008), so I'm not taking any issue with not having the newest, greatest, hippest...whatevs. Lol. But I may have to take it back to have the Geek Squad look at it.

I'm sure it's just a learning curve issue. :)

8. crystalmyth thread starter macrumors newbie

K guys...the Flash player is working now! Don't know where I fell short there, but all is good. The videos that were posted were very helpful and I'll continue to research more videos to help - they were exactly what I needed, lol. I need to be spoon fed this nonsense!

I'll keep playing with iTunes some more...blah...

9. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Oh god, Geek Squad?

If iTunes is still giving you trouble, trash the app, and the 3 LIB and 1 XML files in the iTunes music folder, empty trash. Then go download the newest version direct from Apple's website and install.