MacBook Pro not accessing internet.

Fugabutacus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2010
We recently changed internet provider and since, it's been a bit dodgy on my Macbook Pro.

It connects to the internet fine (as it is now) but occasionally (3 or 4 times a day) it'll die. The laptop says it's still connected to the network, but I can't access any websites or use the iTunes store, etc.

I'd have assumed the network itself was down if I weren't able to access it on my phone. Usually the blackouts last about 20 to 60 minutes.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Can you still connect to your router when this happens? Open your router's homepage and see if it says connected.

Post back you answer as this will help tell us if its a problem with your internal network or a problem with your ISP.

Fugabutacus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Can you still connect to your router when this happens? Open your router's homepage and see if it says connected.

Post back you answer as this will help tell us if its a problem with your internal network or a problem with your ISP.
Nope, didn't work.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
So that seems to imply that the problem is on your internal network.

How do you connect? Wirelessly? If so try connecting with a cable to see if that helps. This will hopefully tell us what's causing the problem.