macbook pro not booting at all

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by croberts19, May 17, 2010.

1. croberts19 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I have a 08 MacBook pro (not unibody) and it is now not booting up. I recently installed a Hitachi 500gb hard drive on the computer and restored through time machine and it worked fine for about 2 weeks and now wont boot and I'm wondering if its probably the hard drive. When I click power the light on the front of the computer will come on and it will sound like it is about to boot then a clicking noise seems to come from the computer and it instantly shuts off. I have gotten it to turn on a couple times since it happened by slamming the comp on the bed then for some reason it will work but as soon as I shut it, it wont turnback on. Any ideas?
    Oh and PS the screen never comes on and can't boot in safe mode.

2. croberts19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link. I tried all of the resets you suggested in the guide and none were able to start the machine. From reading the guide I guess now it is the logic board? Or could it still be the hard drive?

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If the HD was dead, it should boot up fine, just hang on white screen or something. Sounds like logic board issue to me, let Apple take a look on it