Macbook pro not booting dualboot with windows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by micahclifford, Oct 2, 2011.

1. micahclifford macrumors newbie

After the installation of rEFIt i attempted to instal ubuntu though never got that far as it failed to boot off the live CD, previously i partitioned some drives i may have formated a drive that didnt seem to have meaning i think i accidentely created earlier on. After failing to boot ubuntu off the live CD, i rebooted my computer only to find unable to locate Mac OS after resetting the PRAM, and using alt option to to find it, and windows not booting either though windows shows up on the bootloader it does the blue screen of death if i try to load it normaly or fails to startup repair. thoughts would be very helpful thanks in advance!

2. ale500 macrumors regular

Just curious but can't you use something like virtualbox, vmware fusion or parallels to run ubuntu ? (I know it is not what you asked!!!) or is the performance penalty unacceptable ?. Many dual boot to play games on windows and it may be justified but... for linux it may be better to use a virtualization environment... I mean even Xilinx Platform Cable (USB) works (VMWare Fusion and Centos 4.8)!