Macbook Pro not booting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dSpike, Sep 20, 2015.

1. dSpike macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have tried every solution i could find, none of which worked..mabye you guys can help.
    So my macbook pro just won't start up. This happend 2 days ago and ever since

If i power it on normally - it gets to the apple logo and about half full loading bar and freezes.
    If i power on in safe mode OR recovery mode with cmd+R - i see the apple logo and bar for about 30 seconds and then blank white screen.. the fans are either working hard or quiet.

I have tried just about everything: Reseting PRAM and SMC, FSCK,
    I've tried booting from an external usb drive -booting with option key - but when i choose the external drive, the same thing with safe mode happens - apple logo and then white screen.
    I have no way of reinstalling the OS...

In the past few days, while it was still working, the mac did unexpectedly restart once in a while(i never saw it happening but i had to log in and saw the error).

Anyway, if anyone has an idea of what might be the problem, Please, reply :)

its a macbook pro early 2011, with added 8+8 GB RAM, and an SSD.

I can upload pictures if you guys need or even videos of the problem.

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you tried everything to no avail, its quite possibly the logic board. Your only option is to take it into Apple and have them diagnose/repair it. If its the GPU, they will replace the logic board for free given their current support due to faulty GPUs

3. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

try removing the RAM, and reseating, 1 stick at a time.(i.e., try boot with 8 GB, if that works swap it with the other module to try and isolate if it is a memory stick problem).

Thats about all you can do other than perhaps attempting to boot from WIFI just to see if it will boot? or a USB drive if you have one available - that will isolate the SSD from the picture.

If all that fails, it could be a system board problem.

4. dSpike thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, so of course, after sharing my problem with you guys, my mac turned on normally again -_-" .
    If this happens again though- which i have a feeling it will, ill try doing what you have suggested.
    Thanks for the replies guys!

5. Fishrrman macrumors G3

OP:

Is your MacBook Pro a 13", or a 15"?

Could it be the "RadeonGate" issue that affects 15" MBPro's?
    (if you don't understand what that is, google it or search for it in this forum -- it's very important)

If it -is- RadeonGate, have you taken the MacBook to an Apple Store? I believe there is a FREE logic board replacement program going on.
    (others, please correct me if the above info is incorrect!)

6. dSpike thread starter macrumors newbie

its a 15". Thanks a lot man ill look into it!

7. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR