Macbook pro not charging?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnpc, Sep 12, 2010.

1. johnpc macrumors member

I have had my 13 in macbook pro for about three months and suddenly it does not charge when it is plugged in. In the last week this has started to happen but upon fussing with the connection like unplugging and replugging in the magnet charger it would start for a while and stop randomly. Now I can not get the computer to charge at all no matter how much I fuss. Do I need a new adapter or is there some other problem?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I sort of have the same problem, i just fuss with it and it work.
    I'm curious to the solution though

4. brucem91 macrumors 6502

happened to me a little while ago on my 15". The Apple store replaced the charger end only(not the extension cable). The genius bar told me after giving me the new charger that when you wrap the cable around the two clips, to not make it tight, as it strains the cable where the cable mets the brick.

5. johnpc thread starter macrumors member

When plugged in no light turns on. I called apple care, and thanks to my warranty they are sending me a new power charger.

6. erasr macrumors 6502

Exact same thing happened with mine. I think my wire near the connection was dodgy though, I could move it around and it would start charging but then turn off if moved again.

Took the cable back and they replaced it.

Im not too keen on the build quality of these Magsafe cables, look a bit weak to me.