MacBook Pro 'not charging'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by April Dancer, Sep 20, 2009.

1. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

I searched but didn't see anything obviously related so apologies if this has been done...

I have a one week old 13" MBP which is being powered by the charger but is not charging. Was working fine the first couple of times but has only been used about three times and is kept nice and safely out of the way of a boisterous toddler so no chance of any damage. Is there anything i should have done and haven't (although can't for the life of me think what) or is it a trip back to the AS?

TIA :eek:

2. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

Hi, I had the same with my 4 week old 15" MBP, i spoke to Apple Care and they talked me through the PRAM reset process and that worked fine for me :D:apple:

3. April Dancer thread starter macrumors regular

April Dancer

Aha! Didn't think of that. Will try, thanks :D

4. Z06jerry macrumors regular

FWIW, your MBP will only charge if the battery level is below 95% (just thought I would mention this in case you didn't already know).

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I'm glad this was brought up, as it was my first thought as well.

To expand: when connected to AC power, your battery will charger to 100%, then slowly trickle down. When it reaches 95%, it will charge to 100% again and repeat this cycle.

This is done to keep your battery juices flowing when connected to AC power for long periods of time. It helps preserve the life of the battery.