Macbook Pro not connecting to TV

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mfaye21, Nov 8, 2011.

1. mfaye21 macrumors regular

Hi,
    I recently bought 10 foot HDMI cable and a mini display adapter to go with it, so I could hook it up to my LG TV. When I went to connect the two for the first time this morning, the TV did not detect my Macbook Pro, but I am pretty sure my computer detected the TV (the screen went blue for a second and then my background came up). I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Everything is connected correctly, and I am on the right input, but my TV keeps showing "No signal". Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. mfaye21 thread starter macrumors regular

Update: I know it is either my Mac or my Mini display adaptor because I tried hooking up my Dad's Windows 7 Laptop and it worked just fine.

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

It's definitely the Hdmi adapter. If its a moshi adapter you purchased from Apple, they are known to stop working after few months, just check the reviews for it: http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/H1824ZM/A

Take it back to apple, or just buy another one. These are known to stop working after a couple months. I ended up buying a Chinese knockoff for $8 from eBay compared to the $35 i spent on Moshi's, and so far its been working just fine.

4. MallCop macrumors 6502

Ive had the same issue and restarting the computer while plugged into the cable fixed the problem.

5. mfaye21 thread starter macrumors regular

That didn't work :(

----------

Ya I just ordered another one. I hope it works!!

6. MallCop macrumors 6502