MacBook Pro not detecting fusb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Halobrawl, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Halobrawl macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a Macbook pro (OSX Mountain Lion) and all of a sudden it stopped detecting my not-so-old Flash drive that up until now worked fine. The icon doesn't show up on the desktop or in the Finder window.

The flash drive has "PNY" printed on it and is 8GB. I've tried it a number of times and nothing. The drive does still work on other computers, and my usb port is working properly with other devices, including other flash drives.

The flash drive doesn't seem to show up in System Profiler and my Disk Utility only shows my Macintosh HD and bootcamp. Everything else is working fine with the notebook. Any ideas? I've been searching up on this for a while.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Did you restart, if not do so, if it still can't see the USB Flash drive, startup by holding Command-R, this will get you into Recovery, select Disk Utility there and see if it shows up there, if not the USB stick is broken, if it does repair and restart into OS X again.
    If it shows up in DU in Restore and it says it's OK you have a bug/problem in your OS X install.
    If that is the case, make a new User Account, logout of the normal one and into new one, if it is still not visible you might think about a reinstall, or better download the 10.8.3 combo Updater from Apple's site and reapply it.