MacBook Pro not installing Windows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by upsguy27, Sep 26, 2008.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I've been trying to get boot camp running on my MBP, and when I tried to install Windows XP Home it kept saying there were corrupt files, which isn't true, because I had just used the same disk to install XP on another computer. Then I tried XP Pro, and I only have the upgrade so it requires me to put in a previous version of Windows for verification, and since I can't eject the drive in the middle of it because there's no physical eject button, that won't work. Then I tried Vista, and that installed, but when I try to boot into it my computer hangs forever until I reboot into OSX. Why is this not working? What's going on?

2. AquaMethod macrumors member

When does it tell you that there are corrupt files? Is it after the first reboot during install? You'll get a message like that if you delete the Boot Camp partition instead of just formatting it; that may be the cause.

3. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

No, it's when I first boot to the XP Home disc and it does its thing at the beginning before displaying the partitions to install to. It says there are corrupt files and won't let me proceed. It's not the disc, it works in other computers.

4. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.45 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Anyone know how to fix this?

5. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.45 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Yeah, it is. This disc has always done this with every Mac I've owned. My iMac, MacBook, and now my MBP. But it works fine with all other computers. I don't get it.

6. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Usually when you get an error that says files can not be copied during install it is because of bad RAM. Clearly, this is not the case for you because different installs do work. Do you have a version of XP Pro RETAIL? There is a different issue with boot camp that will happen AFTER you get to the screen where you decide which drive to install windows on... you must DELETE the 200mb partition or Windows will never install.

7. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I have XP pro, but it's the upgrade version so I can't use it without putting in a previous windows disc in the middle of the install, which I can't do, because the keyboard software isn't there to recognize an eject button. The only option is to use an external CD drive, but when I try to do that, it won't find the CD drive as bootable.