Macbook Pro not keeping up with my typing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fallingwater, Sep 14, 2012.

1. fallingwater macrumors newbie

fallingwater

I have a Macbook Pro that I purchased brand new last August. Of course now I can kick myself for not buying applecare. So this is my 4th mac and never had this issue before. I loaded ML when it was released so I dont know if that is the issue or something is wrong with the computer. I find that when I am typing, mostly on websites the machine cant keep up with my typing. The letters dont appear and the cursor blinks. Sometimes the cursor moves backward as if I am trying to delete the word. It hangs there and if I select the space bar the computer will finish the word. Its very annoying. This is a fairly new issue, it definitely wasn't happening when I first bought the machine. Also the trackpad seems sloppy. If I click on a word, menus pop up or it highlights the word. It just doesnt seem as precise as it should. Playing angry birds is just down right annoying but obviously that's not a major ordeal.

Anyone know what could be the issue?

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

There's a lot of ideas and other threads that address this issue with ML although it's generally thought to only be present in the retina displays.
    (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1430903&highlight=mountain+lion+lag)

I remember this being a problem during either a tiger update or a snow lion update on macbook pro's a long time ago as well. It was solved eventually through either a firmware update or a keyboard update. So hopefully Apple's working on another fix for ML.

3. fallingwater thread starter macrumors newbie

fallingwater

Oh I didnt realize. Thank you!

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

You bought your mac last August as in a year ago or just a few weeks back? If the later you can still buy AppleCare up to a year after purchase.

5. fallingwater thread starter macrumors newbie

fallingwater

No, sorry Aug of 2011. I normally buy it for the computers although I have only used it once. I reset safari and it seems to be working a better now. I will have to try out some other websites to see how well its working.