Macbook Pro Not reading Leopard install Disc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BloodSugar8, Sep 10, 2009.

1. BloodSugar8 macrumors newbie

When i put in my Leopard install disc and hold the option key to boot from the disc, my macbook pro spits the disc back out. It will not load it. So i took my Tiger install disc and booted it and completely erased and repaired my HD. But still my macbook will not boot to the Leopard disc upon startup. It simply trys to load it, then sends it back out. Any ideas or suggestions.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like a bad disk - if your Tiger disk works but not the Leopard then it sounds like you have a bum disk

3. BloodSugar8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats possible, but ive used the disk before and had no issue. And it is not damaged in even the slightest way imaginable.

4. HomeBru Studios macrumors member

HomeBru Studios

Sad Story

I had (have) the same problem with my MacBook Pro. It is one of the earlier machines that they came out with and it just flat-out refuses to accept the CD. I tried it on a newer laptop and the newer machine had no problems accepting the CD.

My solution (almost) was to contact Apple support and explain the problem (I bought the CD from the Apple On-line Store and their retail stores aren't geared up to accept returns from the on-line store so I couldn't just hop down to the local outlet and get a replacement).

Its an 'almost' solution because they said on the 31st of August that they were going to ship me a replacement CD post haste but here I am... still waiting for its arrival almost two weeks later :(