Macbook Pro not selling?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by uzit, Feb 26, 2011.

1. uzit macrumors regular

Hey folks, need advice!

I have a Macbook Pro on ebay for around £1160.00, its a 15" i5 2.4Ghz and its all in good condition with Apple care till April 2013. The thing is, it aint selling :/ it is the second time I have put it up and this time around no one has asked any questions.

I have 100% ebay feedback and kinda shocked it hasn't sold!

any help?

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Either auction it or reduce the price. If no one is buying it you need to put it on cheaper. View 'completed listings' to find out how much other items are similar models are going for.

3. plumosa macrumors regular

plumosa

people are put off by high starting prices. If you start it lower, they will often get more people's attention and a bidding war will start. I'd start it at 99 cents if it was mine, no reserve. and buy the extra line that allows you to write that under the main title--it will sell like hotcakes!

4. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks folks, I have reduced the price and hopefully it sells! Decided to sell the MBP to get an iPad 2. I already have a iMac where I do web design etc, laptop was only used for e-mail and web which I can do on the iPad!

5. reb3times macrumors newbie

Ipad

The only thing that keeps me from using my Ipad as a sole source for internet use is the lack of flash support. I wish Apple would get over their issues with that company and start allowing it on their mobile devices.

I used to have an ebay business and I found that high prices are a turnoff. Start low and use a 3 day selling time. You will get hits on the first and last day. The 3 day sell time limits your middle period when everyone is looking at the recently listed and ending soon products. Also list it for a starting time that will give it an ending time when most people are home (sunday evening or mon - thur after 7 before 10) If you do put a reserve on it make it reasonable. I would make it whatever the price is of the product you want to replace it with.
    :apple:
    MacBook Pro 13 inch
    iPad 64G
    iPhone 4

6. Ohnevah macrumors newbie

Sorry, how much is that in US dollars? I know I seen a few...go for like 1300...many consumer might be caught in the MacBook pro update HYPE that's why and everyone leaning in them...also you layout of the auction might need to be appealing, little things like that do come in affect. You have a link to it?

7. dime21 macrumors 6502

If you want it to sell quickly, let the market determine the price.

8. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

agreed, I am watching several as I am thinking of selling my 15" 2009 mbp to buy a i5 13".
    The top example is close to the same price as the bottom example, but the top one has no bids, starting price £500, the bottom one started at £0.99, both have the same amount of time left, both the same model, both similar condition, the bottom one will probably sell for more.

Attached Files:

9. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

It's probably too late now but for an expensive item like a MBP, I would set the auction start close to nothing but have a reserve. If a bid came in lower than my reserve, I could always offer a second chance but at least I wouldn't be obligated to sell my item for 1/10 what it is worth.

When the auction ends is of paramount importance. Pay the extra dime to time the auction start so the auction end is a Sunday afternoon in the time zone you intend to make a sale. This can make a huge difference in the final bid price.