MacBook Pro not turning on, details inside

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Snpgotyou, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Snpgotyou macrumors newbie

hello all, I would like to that you guys in advance for any information you can provide.

I have a late 2011 mbp 2.8ghz model number : a1278 that will not power on. Before this happened, I decided to replace the Lcd screen. I followed the given instructions and completed the replacement but now it won't turn on.
    When i press the power button ( with the charger plugged in) the fan and the sleep indicator light turns on and off intermittently. ( with charger unplugged) the fan and light turns on and off once.
    The batt. Indicator light shows full green. I've also tried resetting the smc, pram and The "temporary bypass" by Dadioh In another post on this forum but it still did not work.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

2. Snpgotyou thread starter macrumors newbie

Would it be a static issue? If so, how would i be able to fix it?

3. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

I hope so. Take it to apple just to make things more easier, but don't tell them that you replaced your screen

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

There's no difference if you tell Apple or don't tell Apple about a repair that was botched. The unit is probably out of warranty, so that's not even a concern. And - it will likely be obvious to an Apple tech that the screen was replaced, and that it probably won't power on because of the bad repair.
    I think the repair shop will prefer to know about the recent problems, and replacing the screen is simply part of that.