Macbook Pro not waking up after hibernation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cookiemoose, Jul 20, 2007.

1. cookiemoose macrumors member

Hi,

I have noticed that my new MBP 2.4 is not waking up after hibernation when the battery ha been drained. When I close the lid for the night and the battery has little charge, the next morning it won't wake up. Pressing the power button with the mains connected does nothing. It does this for up to half an hour until suddenly it powers up and comes out of hibernation by restoring the previous session. Is there something I am missing here.. or should it not be doing this?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you are charging it over night, yes? if so, are you sure it's fully charging?

3. cookiemoose thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, what I was meaning was that I would drain it down to a very low percentage. Leave it on sleep whilst not charging. During sleep it would presumably loose the remaining power. The next morning it's a brick for half an hour..:confused:

Edit: After just draining the battery now with the lid open, it didn't come back to life for some time.. :(

4. cookiemoose thread starter macrumors member

Just to add that this is definitely when the Macbook has gone into hibernation mode, i.e. deep sleep..

Also, it is connected to the mains when I am trying to get it to start up.

5. kirstenray macrumors newbie

Did you get an answer

Did you ever get an answer on this. I'm having the exact same problem.