Resolved MacBook Pro now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nba247365, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Nba247365, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

Nba247365 macrumors member

Hello, Thanks for Reading

I was planning to buy the 15 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display this summer but i don't know what to do with Mountain Lion coming out in July. Should I place my order now and then just download ML for free when it comes out or wait to get my MacBook Pro with ML shipped on it? Would there be any benefit for me waiting? I have no need to get the computer now, but if there is no benefit to wait it would be nice to get it now :D.

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I would get your order in now, it might take that long to get to you anyway.

chances are you won't get a reduced price.

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Ummm the benefit of waiting? I guess you won't have to download it? The downside of waiting? If you don't like Mountain Lion you are pretty much stuck with it and you had to wait for your Macbook Pro....

So why are you waiting then?

4. wgnoyes macrumors 6502

No benefit to wait; the entire line has just been refreshed and expanded. Lion is a perfectly good operating system, and they'll give you a ML upgrade for free. I don't see any downside to going for it now.

5. Nba247365 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks to all three of you for your help, I'm going to order my computer in the morning. I can't wait for it to come.

6. PVisitors macrumors 6502a

My the time your MBPR arrives it could be shipping with ML anyway. Order now, at best you're going to get 2 weeks use before you might want fresh install your copy of ML. So won't be too bad.

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

ML will be out on July 19, and the latest shipping estimates peg shipping times around that time. Depending on how fast the factories get the ML image, there's a chance it'll be shipped with ML loaded even if you order today.