Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hazedragon45, Oct 30, 2009.
How probable is it that Apple will update their Macbook Pros before the end of the year?
slim to none.
My bets are on January or early Feburary. My logic board went bad about 2 months ago and has been really flakey, but I refuse to buy a Mac product at a time other than the day it comes out. There was an article out there that said Phil Schiller said there would be no new Apple products before 2010.
That's what I hate about Apple, they release a product, then they revise it in 2 months. I get annoyed not having the latest product.
Looking at that announcement about the "Macbook Pro 6.1," I say they will come out with a new one very soon like weddlec said.
Phil Schiller was quoted " There will be no new Apple products in 2009" but Apple called Gizmodo to correct him saying that what he actually said was "The holiday line is set"
I hope this means that updates to the macbook pro are still possible.
wait untill january/february... i am
Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/21.0.101; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)
I'm waiting for February. If nothing is released by then, then I'll......uh........wait until March. Once you have waited that long, they pretty much have you by the balls.
If you are in need of a new MacBook Pro then buy it now.
If you wait until Jan / Feb there should be some good stuff coming your way.
I was in need of a new one when i bought this one. MBP 5.5 and i am extremely happy with it. But... ATI graphic cards in the next MBP will be nice.
I will be replacing this when i can get some decent graphic solution. Nvidia 9400 is not good on big screens. way to week.
A bit of topic but. what i mean to say is. if you need it now then buy it. if you can wait some months, you will not regret the waiting time.
BUY... or WAIT?
I am a uMB user and am looking to upgrade to the new uMBP, but with know idea when the new refresh will be and what it will include i am stuck. does anyone have a clue when the new upgrade is supposed to take place? and what they will be changing? ie: graphics, Processor, Battery ect... is it worth the wait or are they just going to revanp that one two months after it comes out like they did with my aluminum MacBook?
Sorry if this is a stupid post. i'm newly converted to mac and don't know to much about computers.
What's wrong with your unibody? It's essentially the same machine as the 13" mbp. Unless the current model has some feature that you cannot live without, it wouldn't make any sense to take the financial hit in the shorts to sell your umb and buy a mbp. Keep using your current machine until it either breaks out of warranty or no longer does what you need it to do and save your money in the meanwhile. The same goes for the new machines when they come out.
MacBooks usually, but not always get updated Q1
The uMB may have been updated two months after you bought it but it wasn't updated two months after it came out.
If you want to always have the latest and greatest computer technology you're doomed to disappointment, unless you're prepared to upgrade every six months or so. It's better to do it every 2-3 years (and shortly after a new release). Then you upgrade only when you start to fall seriously behind the curve.
There is quite some pressure building up from Win 7 machines, like HP Envy or HP dm3 (these are clearly aimed towards MBP 13/15 markets). HPs are generally faster and have certain other aspects improved. I think, Apple should update MBP line in order not to loose market share. Afterall, 9400 is really outdated now.
I was considering upgrade to MBP 13" from my HP DV6000 this summer. I decided to wait and I will wait until MBP line is updated... My guess- January or February at the latest.
If you need it now, wait.
I knew the new MacBook were coming out soon when I got mine but I wanted it now and I would've needed to wait extra long for new refurbished ones.
If you need/want it now, get it.
Arrandale. Q1'10 in MBPs, without a doubt.
The reason i am asking about upgrading so soon after just buying is because i'm getting into some pretty intensive 3D graphics, video editing, programming and using fusion with windows 7 and my currant uMB struggles with the 160gb HD, only 2 gigs of ram and a slow 2.0 ghz processor.
i guess my real question is this...
WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU THINK WILL BE INTRODUCED IN THE UPCOMING REFRESH OF THE MBP?
Thanks so much. helped a lot.